YES, you read that correctly! CRISPY BAKED HOT HONEY CHICKEN WINGS! The Super Bowl is this weekend and these are perfect to add to your menu! If you’re like me, you don’t watch the football game, you watch the commercials, and you’re only there for the food. That is literally me every single year and I’m not sorry about it! Growing up, my mom always made us chicken wings in the oven that came out perfect literally every time! No breading. No deep frying. No baking powder. Just an oven and simple spices is all you need for crispy baked chicken wings. This hot honey sauce just takes these crispy chicken wings to a whole new level!
You only need 4 simple ingredients for this hot honey sauce and, let me tell you, it is SO GOOD that you’re going to want to make extra to have on hand! It is the PERFECT balance between spicy and sweet, which I love! You have the heat from the cayenne pepper sauce and the sweetness from the honey, which turns into this DELICIOUS sticky, finger lickin’ good sauce! You only need Frank’s cayenne pepper hot sauce, unsalted ghee or butter (I use Fourth & Heart ghee), sriracha (I use Yellowbird organic sriracha), and honey. The amount here makes enough to sauce 2-2.5 lbs of chicken wings, depending on how much sauce you like.
The key to getting the chicken wings nice and crispy is flipping them in the oven halfway through baking! This allows both sides of the wings to crisp up. I like to put them in the oven skin side down first. Once the first half of the time is up and the wings get flipped halfway, the skin side will be facing up and will crisp up.
Seriously go run and grab all the ingredients! You gotta make these ASAP!
PALEO | DAIRY-FREE | REFINED SUGAR-FREE
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Hot Honey Sauce
- 1/4 cup Frank’s Cayenne hot sauce
- 1 tbsp ghee, not melted
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 2.5 tbsp honey
- Position the rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Mix the garlic powder, paprika, Himalayan salt, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, add in the chicken wings and add in the seasoning mix. Toss together.
- Place the chicken wings skin side down on the baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Once the 20 minutes are over, flip the chicken wings over, skin side up, and bake for another 20-25 minutes. All ovens are different, so be sure to keep on eye on them!
- While the chicken wings are in the oven, add the Frank’s cayenne hot sauce, ghee, sriracha, and honey to a small pot.
- Bring the ingredients to a simmer and let simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes or so. Make sure to give it a little stir every so often. Turn off the heat and move the pot to the side.
- Once the chicken wings are done and the sauce is done, gently toss everything together and serve!