OMG! I am OBSESSED with how this drink tastes and how beautiful it looks! The combination of strawberry and matcha is seriously the perfect combo. There’s a local coffee + juice place here in San Antonio, TX called Revolucion Coffee + Juice that sells super yummy drinks and they sell a drink called the ACA Blue drink. The base is blue majik and they top it off with matcha. This is where I drew the inspiration from! Blue majik, which I think is blue spirulina, is not easily available at grocery stores so I put my thinking hat on. Strawberry and matcha are like a match made in heaven so I thought I’d recreate it with strawberry milk instead of blue majik! I use my homemade dairy-free strawberry milk recipe for the base and my favorite ceremonial matcha powder is from Thrive Market! You seriously have to try this recipe because it is delicious! My boyfriend is obsessed and asks for one daily!
- 1 cup dairy-free strawberry milk
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/2 tsp ceremonial matcha powder
- In a small cup, add 1 tbsp warm water and 1/2 tsp ceremonial matcha powder. Use a small whisk or handheld frother to mix together until there are no clumps.
- Add in the rest of the room temperature or cold water to reach 1/2 cup filtered water.
- In another cup, the cup you’ll be drinking from, add some ice and pour in 1 cup of dairy-free strawberry milk.
- Pour the matcha mixture on top and drink away!