Omg I have been dying to come up with a brownie recipe for a long while now! I honestly LOVE baking! I actually used to have a little paleo cupcake business where I sold a bunch of paleo friendly cupcakes and even made some paleo custom cakes for people. Coming up with a paleo brownie recipe was kind of intimidating to me and I knew I eventually wanted to do it. Really nailing the consistency of the brownie was key for me! This brownie recipe actually came together by accident. I was trying to come up with a double chocolate banana bars recipe, but they ended up baking up exactly like brownies! These brownies are SO GOOD! They are so perfectly fudgy, not overly fudge, and are FULL of double dark chocolate goodness. Also, I tried freezing a few of the brownies and they ended up heating up perfectly fine!
I tested these babies out like 3 times or so because I wanted to make sure they came out perfect each time, and they did! Ya’ll, my boyfriend can literally eat 3 of these brownies in one sitting. He’s pretty picky, so that’s a big sign that they are actually delicious! You only need a few simple ingredients to whip up these yummy brownies. They are sweetened with only a few bananas and some maple syrup. I like to leave a little bit of banana chunks when I mash the banana that way you get a little bites of banana, but you can mash them up to be extra smooth if you’d like. I like my brownies to be more on the dark chocolatey side, but feel free to add more maple syrup to sweeten to your liking. Don’t be afraid to taste the batter because it’s egg-free! I’ve made these brownies without the addition of the Eating Evolved chocolate bar and they came out just as delicious. Without the chocolate, the consistency of the brownies will bake up to be between a cakey and fudgy type brownie. YOU DO YOU! Now go make these brownies because I promise you won’t regret it!
*Serves 9 – 12 people (depending on portion size)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 small mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup unsalted almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Eating Evolved Signature Dark Chocolate bar, chopped into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the almond flour, cacao powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the mashed bananas, almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and apple cider vinegar.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Add in half of the chocolate bar chunks into the batter and combine.
- Pour the brownie batter into the square baking pan, spread it out evenly, and top the brownie batter with the other half of the chocolate chunks.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the brownies cool down before you cut into them (patience is key!) so that they don’t fall apart!