I’ve been scrolling through the recipes I’ve posted and can’t believe I haven’t posted any seafood recipes! To be honest, I don’t eat seafood very often. I love seafood! It’s just not my go-to protein of choice. This recipe is so easy to put together and you can honestly use whatever veggies you like. I’ve been loving the carrot, parsnip, and green bean combo lately, so that’s what I’ve been making this creamy lemon and herb salmon with! I love making this for dinner because it comes together in no time and is hands off. You can totally make this for lunch too. I just see myself always making this for dinner since I can just put everything in the oven and leave it alone while I do some other stuff.
This recipe uses Primal Kitchen mayo because it’s my absolute favorite and is made with simple ingredients! You can use whatever mayo you prefer and can even make your own if you want! It’s honestly really easy to make your own, but I’m just a sucker for convenience items and this is one item I like to buy. This sheet pan dinner is FILLED with lemon and herb flavor and is so delicious!
Paleo | Whole30
*Serves 2 with veggies leftover (depending on portion sizes)
- avocado oil
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into sticks
- about 1/4 – 1/2 lb. green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 1.5 tbsp chopped cilantro, separated
- 1.5 tbsp chopped parsley, separated
- 2 lemons
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder, separated
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 5-6 oz. salmon fillets
- black pepper, to taste
- himalayan salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Place all the veggies into a bowl and drizzle a little avocado oil to coat the veggies.
- Add in 1 tbsp chopped cilantro, 1 tbsp chopped cilantro, juice from 1 lemon, 1 tsp garlic powder, black pepper, and himalayan salt. Toss everything together.
- Place all the veggies onto the sheet pan, without overcrowding (a little overlap is okay), and place them in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the veggies are roasting, make the creamy sauce.
- In a small bowl, mix together the 2 tbsp mayo, juice from half a lemon, 1/2 tbsp chopped cilantro, 1/2 tbsp chopped parsley, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, black pepper, and himalayan salt. Set aside until ready to use.
- Once the 20 minutes are over, remove the veggies from the oven and create two little spots on the sheet pan to fit the salmon.
- Season the salmon with himalayan salt and black pepper. Drizzle the sauce over the top of both fillets. You can use all of the sauce or scale to your liking.
- Use the last half of your leftover lemon to slice lemon rounds and place on top of each fillet.
- Place the sheet pan dinner back in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through.
- Serve and garnish with a little extra chopped parsley and cilantro if you’d like!