I had been using conventional skincare products for years before switching over to safer skincare. I never really took the time to look at the labels and read exactly what I was putting on my skin. I started thinking to myself that, if I care so much about the foods I consume, why am I not taking the time to read the labels on products that I’m putting onto my skin? I started researching common ingredients found in conventional skincare products and found that many of the ingredients were considered toxic and do way more harm to us than we think! They can contain ingredients like synthetic fragrance, parabens, formaldehyde, PEG, and so many more that I can’t pronounce. Formaldehyde, for example, is a known carcinogen linked to asthma and neurotoxicity. Many of the toxic ingredients found in conventional skincare products are not directly labeled on the ingredients list and actually go by different names. Pretty scary! I knew I needed to switch over to safer skincare to make sure that I know exactly what I’m putting on my skin. What you put on your skin is just as important as what you put into your body!
It took me a while to find safer skincare products that really worked for me, had clean ingredients, and was also affordable compared to other safer skincare brands. I had heard so many people talk about Primally Pure and how they really enjoyed their products. I started looking more into their products and was amazed! All of their products contain minimal, organic, and natural ingredients that are very powerful and effective. I remember I had been gifted some money for Christmas and knew I wanted to finally purchase Primally Pure products to try out or myself. I’ve been hooked ever since! I started off with their Cleansing Oil, Beauty Cream, and Everything Spray first. I was really not sure about how their Cleansing Oil would work because I already had an oily face and was told to use oil-free cleansers. This cleansing oil worked wonders for me and I started noticing that my face stopped over-producing oil! The cleansing oil method helps to rid of any dirt, purifies pores, and also helps to remove makeup. They have three different types of formulations of cleansing oil that all smell absolutely amazing. I use the Everything Spray as my toner, but they have three different Complexion Mists that are used as toners. I use the Beauty Cream as my moisturizer and it really nourishes my skin! Since using these three products, I’ve expanded my Primally Pure collection and now have their Deodorant, Body Butter and a couple of their Lip Balms. Their products are so worth it and a little really does go a long way. I’ve had my 1 oz. beauty cream since September and still have about half the jar left! They sell so many other amazing products that I can’t wait to get my hands on and have products for women, men, and babies!
I’m so obsessed with their products and have gifted some of their products to my family! It’s really hard to pick a favorite because all the products I’ve tried have been amazing, but if I had to pick one to use for the rest of my life, it would be the Body Butter. The base of this body butter is made with grass-fed beef tallow, which is super hydrating and nourishing for our skin and is filled with fat-soluble vitamins, vitamin E, and CLA (yay for skin health!). My mom and oldest sister really love the body butter because they feel that it truly moisturizes and nourishes their skin. They get lots of dryness on their hands and have noticed a huge improvement using the body butter! My middle sister is obsessed with the Everything Spray. She quickly ran out of the bottle I gifted her for Christmas, so I bought her a large bottle for her birthday! She uses it multiple times a day and says that it has really helped with the redness that she used to get on her face. My dad absolutely loves the Beauty Cream because it’s really helped with his excessive dryness that he used to get on his forehead. My boyfriend says that the Lip Balm is his favorite because he feels instant nourishment when he puts it on and lasts a long time!
I know I’ve shared my skincare routine over on my Instagram stories, but I really wanted to put together a blog post about it! Now that I’ve shared a little bit about Primally Pure, let’s jump into my safer skincare routine!
My daytime and nighttime skincare routine are pretty much the same! The only difference is that at night I cleanse my face with product and in the morning I rinse my face with warm water.
- When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel the need to cleanse my face since I cleansed it the night before. I do want to try out their Baby Bar as a quick morning cleanser, but for now I simply rinse my face with warm water. At night, I begin by cleansing my face using Cleansing Oil for normal skin. It is effective at removing any dirt and build-up while purifying and nourishing the skin. I put about 15 drops of product onto the palm of my hand, rub it between my hands to warm it up, and massage it onto my face for 60 seconds. Then, I grab a washcloth and wet it with warm water, place it onto my face for about 30 seconds, and wipe away the excess oil. You can learn more about the oil cleansing method here!
- After cleansing, I use the Everything Spray as my toner. It helps to hydrate and protect the skin and also preps the skin for moisturizer. They send the bottle with a spray cap if you prefer to spray it on your face, but I feel that it lasts longer when I use a small cotton pad! All I do is place the cotton pad on top of the opened bottle, tilt the bottle to allow product onto the pad, and tilt it back. I do that process one more time on a spot right next to the first spot. Once the cotton pad has some product, I wipe my entire face, including my neck, with the product.
- When I’m done cleansing, I use the Beauty Cream to moisturize my face. It deeply nourishes the skin and really keeps my face hydrated throughout the day! A little goes a long way, so I just apply a small amount. I apply a small amount on each cheek, on my forehead, on my nose, and on my chin. I rub it all onto my skin and also onto my neck area.
- Once I’m done moisturizing my face, I apply some lip balm to keep my lips well hydrated throughout the day. The base of all their lip balms are made with organic beeswax, organic extra virgin coconut oil, organic cocoa butter, organic tallow from grass-fed cows, which are all super hydrating and nourishing for our skin!
- Lastly, I finish off with applying Body Butter on my hands. It is seriously so luscious and smells absolutely amazing! It instantly nourishes your skin and keeps them hydrated throughout the day.
That’s my safer skincare routine! This is a routine that’s been working for me for about 2 years and it’s simple and easy! Plus, the ingredients I’m putting on my skin are super nourishing! These products have really helped with my dryness and I’ve actually noticed that my skin is more “glowy.” That’s definitely not a word, but I’m going to roll with it! If you want to try out some of their products, I highly suggest purchasing The Starter Kit. It comes with a Body Butter, Everything Spray, Deodorant, and three of their lip balms! Use the code BWK10 for 10% off your first order!