Having something quick and easy to whip up on a weekday or during the weekend is the best! Every single meal you make doesn’t have to be fancy and elaborate. Without counting the spices and cooking fat, this meat sauce only requires TWO ingredients! Yes, you read that right. TWO ingredients! I usually serve this meat sauce on top of Cappello’s paleo fettuccine or roasted veggies if I am on a Whole30. If you want to serve it with the paleo fettuccini, then THREE ingredients! You can totally add in some diced onion or whatever veggies you please to the sauce, but I like to keep it super simple so that I don’t have to dirty any extra dishes! I really don’t like washing dishes. The less dishes to wash, the better!
Here at my house, I’m the one that cooks for my bf and I all the time. I love cooking, so it doesn’t bother me at all! He’s not very versed in the kitchen (love you babe!) and is not much of a cook. I am definitely no chef, but I know my way around the kitchen! You know how I know that this recipe is extra easy to put together? My boyfriend makes this recipe all the time for us! This simple meat sauce with paleo fettuccine is one of his favorite dishes to have here at home. I was sick with strep throat one time and he was really craving this dish. I convinced him to buy the ingredients and make it for us. He didn’t believe that this was easy to put together and was not sure about it at first. He ended up making the meat sauce with paleo fettuccine all by himself and was impressed with how easy it was! Ever since then, he’s been the designated simple meat sauce with fettuccine chef. He likes to top his with some parmesan cheese and I will occasionally too. It’s quick, easy, and delicious!
Paleo | Whole30
- Avocado oil
- 1 lb. ground beef, or ground meat of your choice
- 2 tsp garlic powder, separated
- 2 tsp dried basil, separated
- 2 tsp dried oregano, separated
- Himalayan salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 20-25 oz. jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- Heat a 10 or 12 inch skillet over medium heat.
- Add in a little avocado oil to coat the bottom of the skillet and add in the ground beef.
- Cook the ground beef until almost no pink is left. If your ground meat has a higher fat content, empty out the excess fat.
- Season with himalayan salt, black pepper, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp dried basil, and 1 tsp dried oregano. Continue cooking until no longer pink.
- Add in the entire jar of pasta sauce along with 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp dried basil, and 1 tsp dried oregano. Taste and season with a little more himalayan salt and black pepper if needed.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and let it simmer for 15 minutes to allow the sauce to slightly thicken.
- Serve on top of some paleo fettuccine or roasted veggies!