When I first started eating cauliflower rice, I was having a hard time making it taste delicious! It can really taste bland if it’s not seasoned well or filled with other yummy flavors. For me, even himalayan salt and black pepper alone is still not enough. This cilantro lime cauliflower rice is filled with delicious flavor! It’s also ridiculously easy to put together. Perfect for meal prep! I do have a confession to make. I used to absolutely hate cilantro. Hated it! I honestly think it was because I tried it when I was really young and I just wasn’t used to the flavor. From that time on, I never ate it again and never gave it another chance until about two years ago! I gave it another chance and was so angry that I missed out on YEARS of eating cilantro because it’s delicious!
Now that my confession is out there, let me tell you more about the recipe! It’s paleo and also perfect for those of you who are on a Whole30. You only need seven ingredients in total. This is also counting the himalayan salt, black pepper, and avocado oil, all of which are always on hand! Whenever I make homemade Chipotle type bowls here at home, I always make this cilantro lime cauliflower rice to have with my bowl. It pairs perfectly with my chili spiced ground beef recipe! I also add on some sautéed bell pepper, onion, fresh chopped tomatoes or pico de gallo, and a big ol’ scoop of homemade guacamole. This meal is perfect for those busy nights and is even quicker to put together if you have the cilantro lime cauliflower rice and ground beef ready to go! You need to give this recipe a try. I promise you won’t regret it!
Paleo | Whole30
- avocado oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 12. oz bag of fresh or frozen cauliflower rice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- himalayan salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 heaping tbsps chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in some avocado oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan and add in the cauliflower rice.
- Cook for about 5 – 8 minutes, or until your preferred doneness. Some people like a little bite to their cauliflower rice (sauté for less time) and some like softer cauliflower rice (sauté for more time).
- Add in the garlic powder, himalayan salt, black pepper, lime juice, and fresh cilantro.
- Remove from the heat and serve or store in your favorite container for later!