Pecans are one of my top three favorites nuts. Actually, I think it’s my number one favorite! I absolutely love toasting pecans in a pan because it adds another depth of flavor that makes them even more addicting. I’ve been making these maple cinnamon pecans for my fam for like two years already and they all love these!
This year, my mom asked me to make maple cinnamon pecans to give as gifts to her loved ones. It is such a great gift to give and so easy to put together for those of you who are still trying to figure out what to give as gifts! They are absolutely delicious! To gift them, all I did was purchase some (18 jars!) 3-cup mason jars, washed them, filled them to the top with maple cinnamon pecans, and added whatever Christmas decorations we had on hand. You can add a little sticker to the top of the lid or tie a little bit of festive twine around the lid of the jar along with a tag. So easy! Plus, it only requires FOUR ingredients. Yup, just four! You can also just totally make them for yourself and enjoy them because, let’s be honest I totally munched on a batch of these. They’re too good!
- 3 cups raw pecans
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Heat a large pan over medium-low heat.
- Add the pecans to the dry skillet and let them become fragrant and lightly toast up. You can skip this step if you don’t like toasted pecans.
- Once they are nice and toasted, add in the maple syrup and stir to coat the pecans.
- Immediately add in the cinnamon and nutmeg and give it a stir.
- Keep moving the pecans around until the maple syrup has turned into a powder and all pecans are coated with the powdered maple, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Let the pecans cool and store in your favorite container or fill jars for gifts.