I have a confession to make. I’ve never really been an apple pie lover! Last year was the first year that I made an apple pie for Thanksgiving using the recipe from the Celebrations cookbook by Danielle Walker and it was SO GOOD. It’s just something about a homemade dessert made with good quality ingredients that makes it taste so yummy! Although I loved the pie, making the pie crust was far from my favorite thing to do. It was kind of a pain, so I wanted to come up with something much easier! This is why I decided to come up with a beyond easy apple crumble recipe made with a few ingredients because I wanted something easy to put together for Thanksgiving!
I left the apples unpeeled, but if you’re not a fan or can’t have apple skins feel free to peel the apples. What I love about this pie is that it’s not overpoweringly sweet! It has a perfect amount of sweetness with lots of warming cinnamon flavor. I add a small amount of maple syrup to the filling, but you can totally leave the maple syrup out if you’d prefer. If you want to make this dessert over the top, I bet it’d be delicious topped with a generous scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream or coconut whipped cream! If you’re still looking for a super simple dessert to put together for Thanksgiving, give this recipe a try!
- 4 small-medium Granny Smith apples, cubed
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp or dash of ground nutmeg
- 1 cup almond flour (not almond meal)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 3/4 chopped pecan pieces
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted ghee
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the ingredients for the filling to a medium or large bowl and mix together.
- Add the filling to a 9 or 10 inch round pan.
- Add the ingredients for the crumble to a small or medium bowl and mix together.
- Crumble the mixture on top of the apple filling, then use the back of a spoon or a silicone spatula to gently press down on the crumble .
- Bake in the oven for about 45-60 minutes.
- Let cool and then serve!