With the Thanksgiving holiday coming up, I thought I’d share with you a yummy and seasonal recipe! Delicata squash is my favorite squash variety, so of course I had to come up with a recipe! This is a side dish that I’ll definitely be making for Thanksgiving this year. It has the perfect amount of cinnamon with a touch of sweetness from the honey. I absolutely LOVE cinnamon, so you can expect to really get a cinnamon flavor. What’s great about this recipe is that you can scale the sweetness and cinnamon intensity to your preference! Every time I make this, I usually never measure. I just taste as I go and add more or less of whatever ingredient until I am happy with the flavor! You only need a total of 4 ingredients for this recipe! It’s so easy to put together and would be a great addition to any Thanksgiving meal.
- 2 medium – large delicate squash
- avocado oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- himalayan salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Prep the delicata squash while the oven is preheating.
- Cut off the ends of the squash, cut in half lengthwise, deseed, and cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place the delicata squash on the lined sheet pan and drizzle some avocado oil.
- Add the spices and toss around to fully coat the delicata squash.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes, remove the squash, flip the pieces, and place back in the oven for another 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the delicata squash and add the honey as soon as you remove them from the oven.
2 thoughts on “Roasted Cinnamon Honey Delicata Squash”
Wowww! I have all the ingredients except the squashes!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I’ll see if they sell those here in Laredo. 👍🏽❤️
LikeLiked by 1 person