I love a good side of roasted potatoes because you can pretty much eat them with anything! You can make a breakfast hash, or have them for lunch in a salad, or have them for dinner with a delicious juicy steak. I also love for my potatoes to be crispy and golden brown, not sad and soggy!
Today, I’m sharing with y’all my thyme and rosemary roasted potatoes. They are herby, crispy, and delicious. It is important that when roasting potatoes, you give them some room to breathe. This ensures that lovely golden brown crispiness that we all love. I mean, just look at that beautiful golden brown color! You can make a double batch of these to have as leftovers throughout the week. YUM!
- 4 med-large red potatoes
- avocado oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Himalayan salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut those halves in half lengthwise again, and cut into about 1-2 cm pieces.
3. Cover a sheet pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with avocado oil.
4. In a bowl, toss chopped potatoes with some avocado oil and seasonings.
5. Spread potato pieces onto the sheet pan and make sure to give them some breathing room.
6. Roast for about 15-18 minutes, flip pieces over, then roast for another 8-10 minutes.
7. Remove and pair with whatever you wish.